Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink past midnight the night prior to your surgery. You will also need a responsible adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility.
There are three parking options for you when you visit our office.
- Street Parking
- There is free two hour parking on all the avenues around us.
- There is some Park Plus spots that are near the entrance to our building that are not free. The nearest pay station for these parking spots is on 4th ST, in front of Starbucks.
- There is a parkade attached to our building. The entrance is on 23rd Avenue across from Starbucks. The fee for parking is $6.00/hour and can be paid by Credit or cash (no debit).
- The #3 South bus stops directly in front of our building and the #3 North bus stop is across the street. The closest CTrain stop is Erlton Stampede. It is a short 10 min walk to 4th ST SW via 25th AVE. The #17 Renfrew North Bus also picks up at the Erlton Stampede Station and stops across the street from our building.