Botox® in downtown Calgary
Learn more about the cosmetic and medical benefits of Botox.
Book a consultation
More comfort, more smiles
A promise from Mission Oral Surgery team
Dr. Goos is certified and trained to administer safe and comfortable Botox® treatments. He has spent years studying the facial structure and muscles, as well as the soft tissues around them. Dr. Goos has a unique understanding of how your smile can be improved with Botox®.
Botox® is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that involves the injection of botulinum toxin into the muscles of your face. It’s a type of purified protein that’s FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms.
Your Botox® treatment will be explained to you in a way that’s clear, simple, and complete. Our friendly team will ensure your safety and to put you at ease before, during, and after your treatment.
Here, you will find comfort when you need it most.
Discover Botox® at Mission Oral Surgery
Cosmetic benefits of Botox®
Besides eliminating wrinkles, Botox® can be used in several ways to treat a long list of skin-related issues, including:
- Forehead/worry lines: Botox® minimizes the appearance of your horizontal forehead lines and wrinkles.
- Eyebrow lift: Botox® can help lift your flat eyebrows and give them an edgy, arched shaped.
- Dimpling chin: Botox® guarantees you a relaxed, wrinkle-free chin.
- Lines Around Lips: Botox® can smooth out the vertical lines and wrinkles around your lips.
- Crow’s feet: Botox® eliminates tiny around-the-eye wrinkles (called crow’s feet).
- Boost your confidence with a plumper, younger look.
Medical benefits of Botox®
Botox works by blocking certain chemical signals from the nerves which cause muscles to contract. This can help treat a range of conditions, including:
- Eye twitching: Botox® injections can help relieve repetitive, involuntary eyelid spasms.
- Chronic migraines: Botox® for migraines works by blocking neurotransmitters that carry pain signals to the brain.
- Lazy eyes: A lazy eye is caused by an imbalance in the muscles around the eye, which Botox® can correct.
- Temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ) disorders: By injecting the affected facial muscles, Botox® for TMJ disorder can relieve jaw pain and headaches.
Frequently asked questions about Botox®
Does Botox® hurt?
You’ll feel little to no pain during the Botox® procedure. If you fear injections, let our oral surgeon know so they can find a way to make you more comfortable and relaxed.
What should I expect after Botox® injections?
Minimal discomfort with possible slight redness at the injection site. Effects of Botox® may take up to 2 weeks to take full effect and can last for up to 4 months.
Book your appointment now