For our new patients
Before your visit
Once you have submitted this form online, we will have a copy ready for you to sign at your first appointment.
We are conveniently located on 4th Street near 23rd Ave SW. We are easily accessible by transit, with ample parking available.
- Street parking
- Free two hour parking is available on all the avenues around us
- There are some Park Plus spots that are near the entrance to our building that are not free. The nearest pay station for these parking spots is on 4th St. in front of Starbucks.
- There is a parkade attached to our building. The entrance is on 23rd Avenue across from Starbucks. The fee for parking is $6.00/hour and can be paid by Credit or cash (no debit).
- The #3 South bus stops directly in front of our building and the #3 North bus stop is across the street.
- The closest CTrain stop is Erlton Stampede. It is a short 10 min walk to 4th ST SW via 25th AVE. The #17 Renfrew North Bus also picks up at the Erlton Stampede Station and stops across the street from our building.
Mission Oral Surgery is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm and Friday from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm.
We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you.
Your first appointment
Your first appointment is a consultation that outlines your diagnosis along with treatment options. Although some surgeries can be performed on the same day as the initial appointment, we typically require additional time to evaluate your treatment plan. In most cases, a second appointment is required.
Please note that all patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during this initial consultation.
During this visit, please ensure to bring the following information with you:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays (If additional films are necessary they can be taken at our facility)
- A list of all medications you are presently taking
- Medical and dental insurance documents
Once our team of professionals have a treatment plan in place, it’s time for surgery.
To help you prepare for your procedure, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for all patients undergoing surgery. At this time, our team will confirm details about your medical history as well as address current health concerns and medications.
- Please do not eat or drink past midnight the evening prior to your surgery
- Please ensure you have a responsible adult available to drive you home